Thursday, April 22, 2004
In Genesis 24, we find the story of how Isaac and Rebekah got hooked up. There were 3 matchmakers involved: Abraham (Isaac's dad), Abe's servant (the message/wife delivery guy), and God (who brings the girl and the messenger together). I just love the servant in this story! First of all, he's so faithful. I mean seriously, he goes schleppin' it through the stinkin' desert to get a wife for his master's son. I don't know how he got to the right well, except for the divine direction of God, but there he ends up...waiting and praying by this well, "O LORD , God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. May it be that when I say to a girl, 'Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too'-let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master."

Homeboy WASN'T EVEN FINISHED praying yet, when God answered him by sending Rebekah out with her jar. This guy is BLESSED!

But here's the good stuff:
Rebekah goes inside to tell her family that she's gettin' hitched and her brother, Laban, goes out to greet the servant. He says to him, "Come, you who are blessed by the LORD. Why are you standing out here? I have prepared the house and a place for the camels."

How often are we so amazed by one blessing/answered prayer/miracle/whatever that we don't realize that GOD HAS MORE FOR US!! I am indeed blessed by the Lord, and yet, I'm STILL standing outside of the next thing He has prepared for me.

Press in, friends, and press on. Why are you standing outside? He has prepared the house for us! Let's go in, take a rest, and by all means, EAT!

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)