Friday, March 03, 2006
Fried and Frejudice

I am fully convinced that the best way to start a diet is to make yourself absolutely disgusted with the things you normally crave. Take, for example, my recent Fried and Frejudice party. While it was an absolute success, filled with all kinds of delicious culinary masterpieces, good friends and Colin Firth, my apartment smelled like the State Fair, and I was ready to puke by the end of it. Imagine, if you will, a 2 Liter soda bottle filled with used cooking oil. That was what we had left after it was all over. Then imagine cleaning out the Fry Daddy, knowing that its insides closely resembled your own. You will not want fried anything for quite some time. However, Whitney and I have been inspired to create a show for the Food Network, which we will be pitching to them in the near future. It's going to be huge, I tell you. HUGE! Just you wait.

At the top of this post, you will see the girls enjoying a plate full of Nutella wontons. That's right. Nutella. Wontons. To your right, we have the bacon I personally fried up for breakfast. Believe it or not, I had somehow made it through nearly 26 years of life as a Southerner without ever frying up nary a strip of bacon. This bacon earned me the prestigious title of Pork Master.

And finally, to the left, we show the beignets immediately prior to their baptismal dunk. You wish you were there.
0 comments:
Post a Comment