Thursday, October 05, 2006

unfortunate outfit

Today, I am wearing the result of three weeks of not doing laundry. It is bad, to say the least, and had I a digital camera, you would all be able to lament with me over this fashion disaster, but alas, a description will have to suffice.

- Fairly nice, cuffed, darkish khaki dress pants from Old Navy. Nice, but ill-fitting, not that anyone else would notice. Just so I'm a little uncomfortable.
- A too low-cut pinkish-peach tank top with a built-in shelf bra. I never wear this. Ever. And certainly not to work. But given the choice between this and nothing, it was an absolute necessity.
- A wrap-around top (hence the necessity of the tank) that is also ill-fitted. I haven't worn this shirt in probably a year or more, and I've been meaning to get rid of it for some time now, but I just haven't done it. And I guess it's a good thing or else I would have been wearing a t-shirt that says, "Si, se habla Old Norse," and to be sure, that's illegal.

Anywho, the shirt's basic color is a light cream (already, not my style), and it has a pink trim. It has the outlines of some poofy-looking flowers of various sizes all over in the same pink. It also has some small, light, nearly orange clover-looking deals place haphazardly around. Sometimes they overlap the flower outlines. It's just a mess. There is also a great deal of eyeletting and stitching going on. And the whole thing has a tendency to fall completely off my left shoulder. Not the right, mind you. Not the right. Just the left side. Do I lean that way or what?

In less than an hour, I can go home and take it off. Tick tock, friends. I can't wait.

The good news is that tomorrow is the grand re-opening of Whitney's Washeteria, which is now new, improved, and only five minutes away! Excitement all around.

3 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)