Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Ooooo Dream-weaver, I believe you can get me through the ni-hiiiiiiight
I didn't intend for this to turn into such a dream journal. But then again, I never planned on dreaming about such bizarre things. And they're just so strange that I have to think that somwhere inside me, there's a fiction writer just trying to get out. Until she breaks through, though, I guess reporting on the creations of my subconscious will just have to suffice.
Just before I awoke Tuesday morning, I had a dream that I was at work. Now, to give you this visual properly, let me explain how my "office" is set up. It's in the upstairs of an old house. You go up one set of stairs, and there is a landing with a big window. Then you go up a few more stairs that go in the opposite direction (horizontally) of the first set, and there's another landing. So the second landing is a little higher than the first, but the railings face each other. And if you're standing on either landing, you can look down to the first floor and the front door. My "desk" area is on the second landing, so I can see people coming up the stairs.
Alrighty, so in the dream, I was standing by my "desk" talking to someone about some papers I had in my hand. I looked up to see that the whole stairway and first landing were full of people looking at me as though they were an audience and I was doing something entertaining. Or as though they were waiting for me to address them. Well amongst them was a police officer, whom I recognized as a guy I went to high school with. So I said, "How d'you do, officer Collins?" He took off his 1982 CHiPs sunglasses and stuck out his hand as if to introduce himself. I said I was Beth, and then he recognized me, which is a little ridiculous because I really haven't changed that much since high school. He should have known me. Well then there was somebody else there who went to high school with us (but I don't remember who the 2nd person was), so we had a wee reunion, and I explained to all the students who were standing around that we knew each other from high school, to which they responded, "Oooooohh."
The whole time we were standing there on the landing, it was getting progressively darker. We finally decided that it was too dark to stay there, and we all started walking down the stairs so we could exit the building. I was walking and talking with Sophie, who I think was a student in the dream.
When we got out on the street, we were walking towards my car when all of a sudden, I was in a department store of some sort, walking down a very wide aisle with a bunch of girl friends from different stages of my life. And as we neared the door, I could see Matthew Krachey holding it open for us, and over the loud speaker of the store, they were playing (very loudly, might I add) "Ain't No Woman (Like the One I Got)" by the Four Tops.
Just before I awoke Tuesday morning, I had a dream that I was at work. Now, to give you this visual properly, let me explain how my "office" is set up. It's in the upstairs of an old house. You go up one set of stairs, and there is a landing with a big window. Then you go up a few more stairs that go in the opposite direction (horizontally) of the first set, and there's another landing. So the second landing is a little higher than the first, but the railings face each other. And if you're standing on either landing, you can look down to the first floor and the front door. My "desk" area is on the second landing, so I can see people coming up the stairs.
Alrighty, so in the dream, I was standing by my "desk" talking to someone about some papers I had in my hand. I looked up to see that the whole stairway and first landing were full of people looking at me as though they were an audience and I was doing something entertaining. Or as though they were waiting for me to address them. Well amongst them was a police officer, whom I recognized as a guy I went to high school with. So I said, "How d'you do, officer Collins?" He took off his 1982 CHiPs sunglasses and stuck out his hand as if to introduce himself. I said I was Beth, and then he recognized me, which is a little ridiculous because I really haven't changed that much since high school. He should have known me. Well then there was somebody else there who went to high school with us (but I don't remember who the 2nd person was), so we had a wee reunion, and I explained to all the students who were standing around that we knew each other from high school, to which they responded, "Oooooohh."
The whole time we were standing there on the landing, it was getting progressively darker. We finally decided that it was too dark to stay there, and we all started walking down the stairs so we could exit the building. I was walking and talking with Sophie, who I think was a student in the dream.
When we got out on the street, we were walking towards my car when all of a sudden, I was in a department store of some sort, walking down a very wide aisle with a bunch of girl friends from different stages of my life. And as we neared the door, I could see Matthew Krachey holding it open for us, and over the loud speaker of the store, they were playing (very loudly, might I add) "Ain't No Woman (Like the One I Got)" by the Four Tops.
0 comments:
Post a Comment