Wednesday, December 01, 2004
this city may never cease to amaze me (but not in a way that makes me want to stay)
1. Megan, I just made that mac-n-cheese I promised. The maccaroni was Pokemon-shaped. I put real cheese in it just for kicks (and a kick). Miss you already.
2. Let me explain something to those of you who don't live in NY. The B/D line runs up 6th Ave. Between 34th and 42nd streets, it takes a big pointless detour east and then comes back to the west to run up the west side of Central Park. Before it does all that, however, it meets up with the N/R/Q/W at 34th, which is where I usually transfer to it to go uptown. Today, however, I wanted to drop by AE34th St. to say hi to my friend Ally. Once I was above ground, I figured I'd just take the bus over to 8th Ave. and hop on the A or the C (the C is what I ultimately need to be on to get home). When I got down there, there was an E train waiting (which goes to Queens and is NOT what I take at all). I got on it thinking I could transfer to the C at 50th St. I got off at 50th right after the conductor said, "Transfer here to the C on the upper level," went up the stairs, and encountered tape across the entrance to where you wait for the C. It wasn't stopping there. The MTA employee standing there advised me to (get this) go back downstairs, take the E to 7th Ave, catch the B/D on its way back west and take it to Columbus Circle and catch the C there. I decided to forget the whole silly mess and ended up walking to 66th where I caught the 9, which I took all the way to 168 (I don't know if it skipped 157 or if I zoned out for a minute) and then caught the C back downtown to 163. Lazy, I know. I should've just walked the 5 blocks. Whatever. You do it. P.S. As long as it took you to read all that, it took me an hour longer to get home from 34th Street. Why did I bother with the bus and the E if I was just going to have to take the B/D anyway? I was right there at it. Ugh. See http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm if you're utterly confused.
3. Yesterday, on the 7 train, a man with a flat top tried to hit on me by making fun of someone else's fashion sense. Umm, you have a flat top. You don't get to make fun of anyone until you shave that (or at least round it off).
2. Let me explain something to those of you who don't live in NY. The B/D line runs up 6th Ave. Between 34th and 42nd streets, it takes a big pointless detour east and then comes back to the west to run up the west side of Central Park. Before it does all that, however, it meets up with the N/R/Q/W at 34th, which is where I usually transfer to it to go uptown. Today, however, I wanted to drop by AE34th St. to say hi to my friend Ally. Once I was above ground, I figured I'd just take the bus over to 8th Ave. and hop on the A or the C (the C is what I ultimately need to be on to get home). When I got down there, there was an E train waiting (which goes to Queens and is NOT what I take at all). I got on it thinking I could transfer to the C at 50th St. I got off at 50th right after the conductor said, "Transfer here to the C on the upper level," went up the stairs, and encountered tape across the entrance to where you wait for the C. It wasn't stopping there. The MTA employee standing there advised me to (get this) go back downstairs, take the E to 7th Ave, catch the B/D on its way back west and take it to Columbus Circle and catch the C there. I decided to forget the whole silly mess and ended up walking to 66th where I caught the 9, which I took all the way to 168 (I don't know if it skipped 157 or if I zoned out for a minute) and then caught the C back downtown to 163. Lazy, I know. I should've just walked the 5 blocks. Whatever. You do it. P.S. As long as it took you to read all that, it took me an hour longer to get home from 34th Street. Why did I bother with the bus and the E if I was just going to have to take the B/D anyway? I was right there at it. Ugh. See http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm if you're utterly confused.
3. Yesterday, on the 7 train, a man with a flat top tried to hit on me by making fun of someone else's fashion sense. Umm, you have a flat top. You don't get to make fun of anyone until you shave that (or at least round it off).
2 comments:
It seems that I am Bryan's New York friend Number Uno! YES....
Miss you tons. Go see the tree for me.
Hearts.