Saturday, July 15, 2006

because I haven't blogged this month

Alright alright...I know I've gotten terribly slack with this thing, and I know that there are some of you having a hissy fit right now because I haven't blogged in like 2 whole weeks, so here's the deal.

I wanted to post something about the Kelly Clarkson concert that I went to, but I wanted it to include the pictures I took. Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed, so I can't upload the pics onto it in order to subsequently post them on here, and I can't upload them onto any of the other computers I use regularly because they aren't mine. So maybe when poor Camilla gets some new innards, you'll see some KC pictures. For now, however, just know that it was SOOO fun. She's gotten so much better since Idol, I can't even stand it. AND she covered Ray LaMontagne's "Shelter," which was fabulous. AND my friend Collice was singing along, but replacing all the yous with Jews (i.e. "Since Jews been gone, I can breathe for the first time...) creating an effect that was both hilarious and disturbingly racist.

I made a new shirt for the event out of the RENT t-shirt that my fantastic roomie, April, gave me when I moved back to the NC. It's now a tube top with a purple sash at the bottom that ties on one side (photos also forthcoming). Everyone enjoyed it. Everyone. Total strangers sitting nearby were both commenting and singing in response to the glory of the shirt. I am wearing it again today.

There are a few other notable things going on, especially with work, but rather than switch gears on you that fast, I'll just save all that for later...when I have more details. It's not all worked out just yet.

There's also the Iron Chef dessert party I had last night. Theme ingredient: LEMONS. We video-taped it. Maybe the Food Network will dig it??? Tonight, I'm hosting the 3rd of what I'm hoping will continue as a monthly movie event: "The John Candy Shoppe." We'll be eating like Dr. Atkins's worst nightmare and watching "Uncle Buck" and "The Great Outdoors." Should be good times. I'll let you know.
|  
Labels:

2 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)