Friday, March 02, 2007

You love me! You REALLY love me!!

I have the most amazing friends EVER. If you think you do, you're wrong. I have them. The only way your friends could possibly be as amazing as mine is if we have the same friends. They TOTALLY surprised me tonight with an early birthday party! Whitney even helped me clean my apartment so I'd go to it.

The "plan" was that people were going to meet at Lilly's at 7 for dinner, then go to Vintage for first Friday, then out to Raleigh Times afterward for drinks. I said I had too much to do at home to go to Lilly's, but that I'd meet up with everybody at Vintage later. Whitney came over and helped me clean all afternoon, and we still didn't get finished until right at 7, so we didn't "leave for dinner" until around 7:30. If she hadn't helped me, I definitely wouldn't have made it.

I kept saying, "I really don't have to go. You can just go without me, and I'll meet you later." But Whitney kept getting dinner plans pushed back further and further, which I thought was strange, because I knew there were several other people going, and I wondered/worried if anybody was calling them to push the plans back or if we had just left them hanging. Anyway, then she said she thought it was just going to be us and VA, which I also thought was strange because I knew other people were coming, but I figured Whitney just didn't know because she doesn't check her email all that often, and she'd made up some elaborate lie about not having read a long string of emails. This, from a woman who sat down and read a year's worth of my blog one day soon after I introduced her to it. I should have known right then.

Anyway, everything got done at home, and we went to "pick up" VA for dinner, and she "wasn't ready yet" (even though she'd had all that extra time waiting on us), so we went to the door to go in and wait on her, and, inspired by the wreath on her door, I said to Whitney that we should sing Christmas carols when she answered. Whitney agreed to sing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," and we knocked. To my dismay, we heard VA tell us to come in, but when I opened the door, all my disappointment at not being able to sing disappeared as I saw lots of shadowy figures in the dark. Armed with silly string. And oddly enough, it wasn't upon seeing all the people that I figured out what was happening. It was the silly string that tipped me off. And that's when I started screaming and jumping up and down.

As it turns out, this has been a big, elaborate plot worked out by my hoes and my incredible roommate. They've been planning it for some time now, and I was completely clueless. Like I said...amazing.

So we had Lilly's and cake at VA's house, and then we went to Vintage for first Friday, and then we went to Raleigh Times, except it was WAY more fun than I expected it to be, and I had to wear three star-shaped balloons on my wrist all night. I must say, I don't think it could have been any better unless I'd been greeted at some point by a topless, undulating man. My birthday's not until Tuesday, though, so there's still hope.

1 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)