Thursday, April 05, 2007

jumping out of my skin

Hmmm..."Jumping Out of My Skin" might be a good song for the musical that Whitney and I are writing. What do you think? Other song titles include:


  • "Little Kids...Little Kids Don't Care!" - A hard-rockin' metal number about how little kids just don't care

  • "I Love Bacon" - A big, theatrical, eight-part, choral number, the only lyrics of which are "I love bacon!"

  • "In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Lion" - And inspirational, hope-building number about embracing one's 30's with even more passion than that with which one lived one's 20's

  • "Jump Back (Shut Yo' Face)" - An 80's pop/rock song, with choreography reminiscent of Footloose

  • "I Should've Been a Gnome" - A wistfully contemplative look back on life, love and regret

  • "Be the Freak That You Are" - Another inspirational, hope-driven ballad about embracing oneself as one is

  • "I Don't Want to Be Ugandan" - self-explanatory

So? Should we add "Jumping Out of My Skin" to the list? The biggest problem we're going to have is devising a plot that will, with some amount of sense, incorporate all these songs. Maybe we should just cut an album? Hey Whitney, we can make beauuuuuutiful duueeeeeeetts.



But that's not what I intended to say here today. Not what I intended AT ALL. What I wanted to say was that I'm so frickin' excited about going to New York that I'm about to jump out of my skin! Brookie and I will be on the road in t-minus five hours and counting. I've got the JanSport all packed up, and I went to the Wal-Mart last night and bought me a shiny new pair of Silver Series (right). I'm ready, folks.

4.5 hours. Oh, Day, would you please hurry up!

2 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)